Here i Grow again

I have just recovered from my worst illness in 6 years. A virus i must have contacted in Dubai or Doha between 27-31January was compounded by a secondary strain and voila 2 weeks of my life. WIth the pressures from a job in Nigeria and PhD research and worries about how and when to get married i had to think with help from Bob Perks essay produced in part below:

I sat on the hill in my yard a while and wondered about the day. I wanted to know what tomorrow will bring and what to do with yesterday. I have thought these thoughts a million times and each time just gave in.

But I discovered today that the answer lies not what I’m without, but
what’s within. This grand revelation came from watching my dog play with a blade of grass. We’ve had some heavy rains the last few days and I haven’t had the opportunity to just sit outside.  But today the clouds gave way to the sun and at least for a few minutes I was able to catch up on my thinking.  It was when I looked down at a blade of grass that I discovered the answers I had been searching for all this time.  You see, no matter how many times I cut that grass it always grows back.  It thrives if there’s too much rain and survives if there is a drought. You can walk on it and it springs back up. You can dig it up and throw it somewhere else and it will grow right where it lies.

If a blade of grass can do all that, why are we so fragile?  You would think that God would have made the human being a lot more durable than that. Why is it that after a few times that life cuts you down, you decide not to grow any more?  Why is it that when we hit the dry times in our lives we curl up and die in spirit?  Why is it that when the big guys walk all over you, you don’t spring back up to where you rightfully belong?  Why is it that when life uproots your plans you can never see the potential for new growth wherever you are?  Do you think for a moment that God created a blade of grass to be more than you?

Just like the answers were in that blade of grass, so are the answers
within you. The blade of grass was God’s way of telling me to “bloom where you are planted.”  Here, I grow again!

   Lord, I would be the seed that you can sow
   And the plant that would continue to grow;
   When someone comes along and cuts me down
   I will still rise, and by your grace I will bloom.

“And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:” -Matthew 6:28 
 
“En wat kwel julle jul oor klere? Let op die lelies van die veld, hoe hulle groei; hulle arbei nie en hulle spin nie;” -Matthew 6:28 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Anambra the Governor says "To Be"

Cloud ... International Scholarships Jobs week ending 11 March 2018